Who Are You? ...
The City of La Grande is the economic, educational, recreational, and cultural hub for eastern Oregon, with a family oriented, small-town character.
- December 19, 2012
- Early Office Closures
- December 18, 2012
- Christmas Tree of Giving!
- November 21, 2012
- City Council's 2012 Holiday Open House
Also Celebrating 100th Anniversary of the Construction of City Hall and 100 Years of Library Service in La GrandeRead More
- November 16, 2012
- FINAL Big H Streetscape Project Weekly Update - Nov. 19-30, 2012
Major Impact Areas & Updates
• The project continues to wind down with minimal impact areas. The most significant impact area will again be the sidewalk on the east side of Elm between Adams and the alley (south side of Adams). This sidewalk and basement area is being reconstructed. This work will impact the entrances to Miracle Ear and La Grande Dry Cleaning.
• Finish work continues on the new accent wall on Adams near Sterling Bank.
Project NewsRead More
• The project is expected to completely wrap up on Friday, Nov. 30. This will be the final weekly project update. Planning for an end-of-project celebration is underway; stay tuned for more details! The City of La Grande thanks the community for its patience and perseverance, especially the downtown businesses directly impacted by the project.
• New street trees continue to be installed throughout the project area this week.
• The installation of the new pedestrian lights throughout the project area continues this week and the lights are expected to be fully operational after the sidewalk work on Elm is completed. It is possible that some of the lights on the north side of Adams will be operational this week. The contractor will also continue installing street signs.
• Contractor continues working on minor “punch-list” items.
• REMEMBER! Please do not use chemical de-icer products on any of the new concrete! The use of these products will destroy the concrete. Non-chemical substitutes, such as kitty litter or sand should be used instead.