The mission of the Aquatics Division is to provide a City recreational aquatic program which meets the community’s needs through leadership, activities and coordination of resources and facilities, thereby:
- Strengthening the community image and sense of place
- Strengthening safety and security
- Providing recreational and educational experiences
- Promoting health and well being
- Financial responsibility of receipts received from the sale of swim lessons and other instructional programs, swim passes, daily admissions, facility rentals, concessions and contracts.
- Provide recreational swimming, “Learn to Swim” program, a facility for competitive swimming, “Water Babies” program, water aerobics classes, maters swimming and an annual triathlon.
- Annual contracts with Grande Ronde Hospital, La Grande High School, La Grande Swim Club and Eastern Oregon University.
City of La Grande Aquatics oversees the Veterans Memorial Swimming Pool in Pioneer Park at 401 Palmer Avenue.
Front Desk: 541-962-1347 Main Office: 541-962-1367